Some posts include compensated hyperlinks. Please learn this disclaimer
for more information.
Palacinke…hmmm…hmmmm. Everybody loves pancakes and crepes, and whether or not they’re candy or savory, they’re at all times a winner! From road meals to snacks at dwelling, palačinke are a giant favourite meals right here in Croatia.
I used to spell it palachinke – so don’t be ashamed if that’s the way you write it too. This palachinke recipe, oops, I imply the palačinke recipe is very easy you can also make this with every little thing you have already got in your pantry.
Palačinke are served in Croatian and Serbian houses, and also you’ll discover them in each nations. Heck, they’re present in some kind everywhere in the globe. For instance, I do know Hungarians name them palacsinta.
Croats and Serbs make these in additional of a crepe fashion than the USA fashion thicker pancake (equally nearly as good if you happen to ask me!). However in contrast to the thicker pancakes, palačinke will be served both candy with lashings of jam, Nutella, and cream or plated savory with ham and cheese. You’ll additionally discover varied methods to serve them throughout the Balkans.
After I joined my Croatian household, palačinke was considered one of my new favourite dishes my mother-in-law would simply whip up on the drop of a hat – and nothing has modified.
Palačinke…hmmm. Everybody loves pancakes and crepes, and whether or not they’re candy or savory, they’re at all times a winner! Croatian pancakes are a giant favourite in our home. Right here is a simple Croatian palačinke recipe so that you can take pleasure in!
1 cup of all-purpose flour
2 cups of complete milk
2-Three whisked eggs (I take advantage of 2 medium or Three small)
half teaspoon salt
Three tablespoons glowing water (membership soda)
1 teaspoon rum, darkish (elective)
Actual butter. As it’s for frying, you may additionally use shortening or oil if you happen to desire
- Sift the flour, and slowly combine within the milk and whisked eggs
- Add the salt and rum in case you are utilizing it, then proceed to combine with a hand mixer till the batter has no extra lumps (if you happen to want somewhat extra flour or milk, add it very little-by-little), and eventually add the glowing water
- In a non-stick pan, over medium-high warmth, soften somewhat butter, making certain that the butter covers the entire floor of the pan
- Warmth somewhat butter in a pancake pan or frying pan
- Add half a cup of the combination (I really use a soup ladle ) to the pre-warmed pan and swirl the batter round within the pan till it absolutely coats the pan (however is skinny, the important thing right here is for it to be a skinny layer)
- When the underside is gentle brown, flip over the palačinke and prepare dinner the in any other case (approx two minutes on both sides on a low-med warmth). Attempt a couple of to get the precise warmth on your stovetop
- Place each on a plate, and proceed till you end the batter
- Then add your required filling, roll them up and luxuriate in!
We love Podravka jam or Nutella – however you may add something you want together with whipped!
In our home, our favourite fillings are, rose-hip jam Nutellaela!
Extra Croatian Recipe Concepts